MEAL DELIVERY SERVICES
I am not one to relinquish control easily. Especially when it comes to what I am putting in my body. I would grocery shop, cook, meal prep and know exactly what I was eating. As 2016 was winding down I found myself busier than ever and lacking the time to keep my eating habits on point. I was constantly ordering meals from Uber Eats, spending a small fortune on delivery, while being completely in the dark regarding nutritional content and caloric intake. Over the break I decided enough is enough. If I was really going to take control of my health I had to figure out an alternative.
I was aware of certain meal delivery companies but they never peaked my interest. Either the food was too strict (I'm not looking to be shredded for some ridiculous bikini competition), too expensive, or lacked proper balance and caloric information. Through the power of social media I came across Kale-ahhh's Healthy Kitchen. Visually it immediately caught my attention and I was completely sold when I found out the price!
- $60/5 Meals = $12 a meal
- $100/10 Meals = $10 a meal
- $140/ 15 Meals = $9.33 a meal
- $180/ 20 Meals = $9 a meals
- + $3 for protein
Pros & Cons
Im three weeks into my four week service and I can confidently say I am sold on the concept. Here is a quick list of my pro's and con's of meal delivery service. This is based on Kale-ahhh's service and I plan to try out other companies so I can compare apples to apples and share with all of you.
- The amount of stress I didn't even know I was creating was gone.
- I save SO MUCH TIME. From grocery shopping, cooking to spending 30 min scrolling through Uber Eats.
- It is mindless. I know lunch is ready, healthy and under 400 calories.
- The food is delicious and is constantly changing.
- I feel like I am creating a lot of waste with the containers. It would be great if there was a company that had a container return program similar to cold pressed juice companies. I have more than enough tupperware and don't need these things staking up in my cupboard.
- Sometimes it's not enough food - As my fitness routine is getting more intense I need to fuel my body with more nutrients.
- Nutritional balance can be off - Sometimes I find I do not have enough veggies or protein and too many carbs.
I highly recommend trying Kale-ahhh's meal delivery as her food is full of flavour and a healthy alternative to ordering online. You can check out her website here and use the code "LAURA" to get 15% off your order!
I would love to hear your experiences with meal delivery services and try any recommendations you may have! Please leave your comments below or send me an email!