MY MORNING LIFE HACKS
Part 1 of 4:
Mornings. Love them or hate them they happen every damn day. I have always been envious of those who consider themselves to be a morning person. I can just picture you up early, in the gym, all smiles, and ready to start the day. How and where do I become that person??? No matter what I do I can’t seem to swing it. There is absolutely no part of me that wants to get out of bed. Over time, I’ve learnt to be totally okay with that. In fact, I now work around that and don’t try to fake it or be someone I clearly am not.
This is part one of a four-part blog series that is full of my tips and tricks for balancing that thing called life. How do I fit in a full-time job, run a start-up, do freelance work on the side, hit the gym, run a blog, and have time to relax, enjoy life and spend time with my family? By managing my time to a T and multitasking the hell out of my day.
It all starts with your morning. If you go off track here the rest of your day is shot. And if you’re anything like me, you’re going to hit snooze two, okay let’s be honest, three to four times before you actually get up. Because of this, it’s a must to make up some time elsewhere. Here are my top 5 morning life hacks to keep you in bed longer and out the door faster.
- Shower at night – This saves you at least 30 min in the morning and allows you to focus on your outfit and makeup.
- Breakfast to go – Protein shakes are key. You can get everything you need nutritionally and they taste great. Rinse and wash your blender immediately and leave out to dry for tomorrow. It will suck if you have to wash something you didn’t clean up from the day before. Take this to go and drink it on your way to work.
- Plan your day out the night before – If I know I have a meeting or need to dress in something that isn’t athleisure, I plan it out the night before. There is nothing worse than struggling to find an outfit that works and having that make you late.
- Pack your bag before bed – I always put everything I need by the door if not already in my bag to go. This way I don’t forget something simple like my computer charger or gym shoes, and I’m not running around the house looking for whatever I need.
- Meal prep – This one is the biggest time saver of all. Not only for your morning but for your snacks, lunch and dinner. When you’re making your morning shakes, you can package your ingredients (where possible) in a zip lock bag and freeze. This saves yourself from peeling cutting washing etc. and there is no mess to clean up. It is effortless and takes little mental thought.
I know some of these may seem super basic and I’m not going to dance around it, they totally are. Every minute counts when you have so many things on the go and need to get out the door to miss morning traffic so the rest of your day can stay on track.
These simple life hacks have saved my morning time and time again and hopefully you find them helpful as well! I’d love to hear of your morning life hacks in the comments below!